Thursday, December 29, 2005

December 27 Leftovers Plus

Well, a lot of this dinner was just what was leftover from an orgy of eating for a couple of days. Two worthy additions:

The leftover ham went in the leftover black eyed peas.

Lis' Green Chile Enchiladas

These are a little different from both Lis' and my own enchiladas. They came out well, though, so might as well post them as they were made. I'll post my standard GCEs next time I make them. As usual, quantities approximate.

Oil a baking pan. Put a layer of corn tortillas on the bottom, then a layer of roasted, peeled and chopped New Mexico green chiles, then a layer of shredded cheese. Repeat for several layers, ending with tortillas and cheese. Next, pour a bottle of beer over to moisten. We used about 3/4 of a bottle as I recall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home