Sunday, September 17, 2006

Smoked Pork Green Chile Stew

After a visit to Albuquerque. Not exactly how they do it out there, but good. I started with a home-smoked pork butt, pulled. This one came out particularly well. I'd had it smoking all day, and when I rebuilt the fire before I went to the football game, turned out it was done. So I just wrapped it in foil, turned to air way down and left it there. By the time I came back it was falling apart, soft and smoky. By this time guests were arriving in an hour. I mixed the pulled pork with three cans of Hatch green chile enchilada sauce, cuz I was in a hurry. Home made green chile would definitely have been better, though for company I would have to watch the heat. Then I added two cans of posole, which they call hominy around here. You could also boil your own posole, of course, though I'm not really convinced that it would make much difference in the finished dish. I kept it moist with brown ale and heated it slowly in a dutch oven on the stove for a couple of hours while guests arrived. Really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home