Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lomi

Part of the same dinner as the green chile stew. the whole business was definitely an example of my cooking better when I am in a hurry and don't have time to overdo it. Like the green chile, this probably isn't exactly how they do it in Hawaii, but it was good anyway.

I smoked a 1 1/4 pound salmon filet in with the pork for about 2 hours, took it off, wrapped it in foil and left it. Before putting it in the smoker I coated it with a little vegetable oil and ground plenty of black pepper on it.

I chopped eight ripe to a little overripe garden tomatoes, mixed with the juice of a lime, a handful of chopped cilantro, a third of a red onion, a handful of chopped chive, and three chopped red thai chiles which actually weren't particularly hot, and a little maybe 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. I mixed everything but the salmon and left in the frig for a few hours, then at the last second broke the salmon into little pieces, sprinkled some Kosher salt, and tossed. Way good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home